Nixon Medical has worked diligently to serve our customers during the COVID-19 crisis. Our offices remain operational to meet the needs of our customers. Our Route Service Representatives (RSRs) are maintaining regular communication with customers to accommodate special requests and emergency needs.
As we prepare for our country and certain businesses to reopen, including outpatient healthcare centers, we’re anticipating demand for certain products to surge, which may cause delays and shortages. To ensure you have the supplies necessary to reopen and sustain care, we are urging our customers to place orders as soon as possible. All scrubs, fluid-resistant products will be in extremely high demand.
Nixon Medical & COVID-19: Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I am not sure what type of scrubs or fluid-resistant products I need for my staff?
A: If you are unsure of your needs, we are here to help you. Please contact our Customer Care Department at 1-877-776-4966. To prepare for the conversation you are welcome to review our full line of scrubs and fluid-resistant products by visiting the following links:
- Scrubs – https://www.nixonmedical.com/products/medical-scrubs/
- Fluid resistant products – https://www.nixonmedical.com/products/fluid-resistant-lab-coats/
Q: I stopped service due to state requirements to close my location(s) and I had to reduce my inventory. How can I increase my inventory?
A: Please notify your RSR one week in advance. If you do not have your RSR’s contact information please contact our Customer Care Department by phone at 1-877-776-4966 or email email@example.com. Your RSR will respond back to you within one business day.
Q: Is Nixon Medical experiencing any product or supply shortages?
A: Yes. As the country and businesses begin to reopen, we are anticipating demand for certain medical apparel and linen products to surge, which may cause delays and shortages. To provide your clinicians with the supplies they need to reopen and sustain care, we recommend that to place orders as soon as possible. Particularly, all scrubs, fluid-resistant lab products will be in extremely high demand.
Q: Does Nixon Medical supply gloves or masks?
A: Nixon Medical does not rent or sell gloves or masks. We will continue to provide appropriate PPE for our associates.
Q: What is Nixon Medical doing to help prevent the risk of infection from COVID-19?
A: Nixon Medical is an HLAC-accredited laundry service. Safety is a core value and a top priority. We have activated our contingency plan and we are following precautions as recommended by the CDC.
- We are screening the health of all associates before each workday, emphasizing regular handwashing, reinforcing social distancing and being vigilant with regards to PPE.
- We take no unnecessary risks with our associates, your staff, or patients. We regularly practice Universal Precautions in all aspects of our business. That means we treat all soiled items as though they were infected with potentially dangerous pathogens.
- Our team is prepared to continue serving all existing customers with the highest level of service.
Q: What precautions are Nixon Medical’s RSR taking?
A: Nixon Medical’s (RSRs) are taking the following precautions:
- RSR’s will avoid close contact with customers, patients, and the public while on route using social distancing. RSR’s will make plans with their customers to maintain social distance and avoid the hazard associated with close contact.
- Social distancing may be achieved by servicing you before or after hours, during slower periods, via alternate access points, by making exchanges outside of regular supply areas (e.g. in the lobby, outdoors, etc.), or by other means.
- RSR’s will wear latex or nitrile gloves when entering all customer locations, dispose of gloves properly, and use hand sanitizer after the removal of gloves.
- Additional PPE including safety glasses and masks will be provided to RSR’s to further reduce exposure risk but is not intended for close contact.
- During the COVID-19 outbreak we are not asking you to sign PDAs.
Q: What is HLAC-accredited laundering?
A: The Healthcare Laundry Accreditation Council (HLAC) is a nonprofit organization that inspects and accredits laundries that process reusable textiles for hospitals, nursing homes and other healthcare facilities – based on the highest, professionally recognized standards for patient safety and infection prevention. HLAC accreditation means that a laundry meets HLAC Accreditation Standards, which have been developed based on federal regulations and guidelines as well as best industry practices.
HLAC accreditation affirms that a laundry organization that processes healthcare linens has successfully passed an inspection of the following: its facility, policies, procedures, and training programs.
Q: Why should I use a HLAC-accredited medical laundering service?
A: HLAC-accredited laundering means that soiled products are being laundered at an off-site accredited facility, and not taken home or laundered on-site which could put people at risk. Nixon Medical’s HLAC-accredited laundering services:
- Meet CDC, OSHA, APIC, & Joint Commission Standards
- Eliminate risk of cross-contamination
- Use state-of-the-art laundering techniques
- Feature healthcare-specific facilities and delivery vehicles
- Provide your clinicians and patients with peace of mind
- Ensure maximum sanitation and safety of your apparel and linens
Q: How can I reduce my bill?
A: During this very difficult time we have options to assist with your billing. You may reduce your bill by contacting your RSR to arrange for inventory reductions. Your RSR will arrange for a pick-up and reduce the amount of product that you are billed for weekly. Please call our Customer Care Department at 1- 877-776-4966 if you do not have contact information for your RSR.
Q: How is Nixon Medical handling Finance Charges during the COVID-19 crisis?
A: Please contact us if we can help you to avoid finance charges. We took the unprecedented step to waive finance charges during the first five months of the Corona virus pandemic. We suspended finance charges on past due amounts to support our customers during the height of stay-at-home orders and disruption to elective healthcare procedures. Effective Tuesday, September 1st we are reinstituting finance charges on past due amounts of 30 days or more. Please contact your Accounts Receivable Representative at 1.877.776.4966 to discuss a variety of convenient payment options.
We are here to be of service to you.
Please feel free to contact us or your dedicated RSR with any questions, concerns, or requests.