Nixon Medical was originally founded in 1967 as a dry-cleaning business by Murray Berstein in Chester, Pennsylvania. Murray recognized the potential for growth in the apparel rental market and rapidly evolved the business from consumer dry-cleaning to B2B textile management services. Since its founding in 1967, Nixon Medical continues to be family-owned and operated, upholding the same service values on which it was built.
- 1967 Murray Berstein purchased Nixon Dry Cleaners in Chester, Pennsylvania with only 4 associates
- 1978 Nixon's corporate headquarters moved to Wilmington, Delaware
- 2000 The Maryland plant and the New Jersey depot opened
- 2001 The Virginia depot opened
- 2007 Moved headquarters from Wilmington to New Castle, Delaware
- 2012 The New York depot opened
- 2015 The Connecticut plant opened
- 2016 The Massachusetts depot opened
- 2017 Nixon expanded in Texas with its newest plant
Today, Nixon Medical is the leading service provider of medical apparel and linens that serves outpatient healthcare centers. From our facilities in Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Virginia, Massachusetts and Texas, Nixon Medical services more than 8,500 customers each week across the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Southwest regions.